Bulgaria's Vice President Hints at Her Appointment to Interim Govt
"I will have a new workplace" in the short term, Bulgarian Vice President Margarita Popova has said at her farewell press conference with President Rosen Plevneliev.
Popova's comment comes in response to a journalist's question whether she received an invitation to the caretaker cabinet due to be appointed by President-elect Rumen Radev.
"You will receive my contacts from the administration of Radeva [sic!]," Popova has explained, but has not elaborated.
Her words follow days of speculation as to whether she could get an important office in the interim administration that will take over the executive once Radev enters the Presidency.
In an interview earlier this month, Plevneliev openly admitted tensions between him and Popova, saying if Radev had brought him a cabinet lineup containing her name, he would have thought twice before signing.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Foreign Ministers Meet in Luxemburg Monday to Slap Tougher Sanction on Lukashenko
- » Caretaker Interior Minister: Top Prosecutor Covers up for Corrupt Politicians, Magistrates in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria and North Macedonia Have New Chance to Work Togerther towards Ignoring out All Misunderstandings
- » Record: 791 Polling Stations Abroad for Upcoming Parliamentary Elections
- » Bulgarian CEC Signed Contract for Technical Support of Voting Machines for Upcoming Elections
- » Senior Bulgarian Magistrates Questioned by Police