EP Deputies Fail to Elect New President After Second Ballot
European deputies did not manage to elect a new President of the European Parliament at the second round of voting as well.
During the second round of voting on the replacement of Martin Schulz in Strasbourg, the candidates of the left-wing and the right-wing ranked first again.
Antonio Tajani (EPP, Italy) received 287 votes. A total of 200 deputies supported Socialist Gianni Pittella of Italy.
Neither of them, however, collected more than half of the valid ballots.
A third round of voting will begin at 18:30. There are still six candidates left.
If a fourth round of voting becomes necessary, only the first two candidates will remain.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The EU grants 1.61 Billion Euros to Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Minister: In Croatia they see the Adoption of the Euro as a Way to be Part of Europe’s Heart
- » German Consumer Sentiment Collapses to Record Low due to Inflation and Energy Crisis
- » The Far-Right Won in Italy’s Elections
- » Italy's Elections might Put in Power the most Right-Wing Government since World War II
- » EU: Mobilization and the Referendums show Putin's Desperation