BSP To Keep Flat Tax, Introduce "Rich People Tax"
BSP has given up on its idea of abolishing the flat tax. However, a “rich people tax” has to be introduced. A 20% tax will have to be paid by people with monthly income of above BGN 10,000 from wages and rent, or people with an annual income of over BGN 120,000.
The flat tax will remain for 95% of the population, explained Dragomir Stoynev after a meeting of the Executive Bureau of BSP which debated the pre-election platform of the Socialists.
The “rich people” tax will be paid by about 7,000 Bulgarians, estimated the Socialists.
“One has to have priorities; de facto we are again proposing a differentiated tax rate,” explained Stoynev when answering the question why BSP is giving up on its initial idea of a progressive income tax.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Council of Ministers: BGN 20 Million Help Per Month for Working Families with Children in Bulgaria
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 34: New Blockade, Protesters Throw Tomatoes and Green Balls of Paint
- » Australia's Northern Territory To Be Closed to Visitors For a Further 18 Months
- » Mandatory PCR Tests in Finland After 24 Skopjie Passengers Tested Positive for COVID-19
- » Spot on the Beach in Rio de Janeiro Only by App Reservation
- » Bulgaria: No PCR Test Requirements for Arrivals From the UAE