Logo of Bulgaria's EU Presidency Selected
Outgoing Deputy Prime Minister Meglena Kuneva presented the logo of the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the European Union in 2018.
The author of the logo is Todor Angeliev. The logo includes three elements – the Cyrillic alphabet, the traditional Bulgarian embroidery and the Bulgarian flag.
Not only Bulgarian authors but foreign ones as well participated in the competition – Macedonians, Germans and Ukrainians. The rose, Bulgarian embroidery and the Cyrillic alphabet were the elements used most frequently by the authors.
Angeliev’s proposal was selected after two voting rounds with 76 of 90 possible points.
The prize is BGN 10,000.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria