Belgrade Could Turn Into "New Calais"
Belgrade could turn into “a new Calais” for migrants abandoned by European authorities, announced the international humanitarian organisation Doctors Without borders.
The statement was made by the representative for humanitarian activity in Serbia Andrea Contenta, cited by The Guardian and BTA.
There are 8,000 refugees and migrants in Belgrade who cannot move onto countries of the EU.
Many of them refuse to go to official placement centres because of fears that they might be deported to Bulgaria or Macedonia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The US has called on Serbia to Withdraw its Troops from the Border with Kosovo
- » Romania Strengthens its Defenses along the Danube due to the Approaching War
- » The Minimum Wage in Romania Jumps to 663 Euros compared to Bulgaria's 398 Euros
- » Romania to buy 32 new F-35 Fighter Jets
- » Three Serbs were Killed in Kosovo, Two others were Wounded
- » Romania blocked Austria's participation in NATO meetings