Bulgaria's Dimitrov Goes Up ATP Tennis Ranking
Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria has climbed up the ATP ranking after grabbing the title at Brisbane International, the tennis association's website shows.
Dimitrov has moved up by two spots and is now No 15, trailing behind Nick Kyrgios (Australia), and getting closer to his best ever ranking when he made it into the world's Top 10 in 2014.
Bulgaria's highest-ranking tennis player defeated Kei Nishikori at the Brisbane International final after a year of bitter defeats and low performance, confirming the upward trend of the past several months.
As of Monday, he has overtaken on one of the world's greatest tennis players, Roger Federer, who ranks No 17 (Dimitrov's previous score).
The development has a symbolic importance as Dimitrov was once nicknamed "the Baby Federer" because of similarity in style.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Premier League Betting Overview for 2022/2023
- » Sports Betting with Betway
- » All of the EU except Bulgaria and Hungary Demand the Expulsion of Russia from World Sports
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside