Turkey to Do 'Whatever Needed' in Region after Instanbul Nightclub Attack
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has said Ankara will do "whatever needed" in the region to maintain security of citizens.
Speaking hours after the deadly attack at the Reina nightclub in Istanbul which killed 39 people (15 of them foreign nationals) and injured 69, he has argued that attacks of terror organizations are not carried out independently of incidents in the region.
Turkey will fight against terrorism and its backers "until the end", state-run Anadolu Agency quotes him as saying.
He has asserted the country will not give in to "dirty games" of terrorists, without elaborating.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack committed during New Year celebrations.
However, a manhunt is already underway as the attacker is still at large, Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu says.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 25 NATO soldiers were Injured in Clashes in Kosovo
- » Clashes between police and Serbs in Northern Kosovo
- » The Situation in Northern Kosovo is Calm - Vucic no longer Leader of his Party
- » Vucic raised the Combat Readiness of the Army and ordered the Serbs to March towards Kosovo
- » Vucic: More than 37,000 Illegal Weapons were handed over to Authorities in Serbia
- » Greece is going to Early Elections at the End of June