Russia Decides against Expelling US Diplomats
Russia will not tell US diplomats to leave despite Washington's decision to apply the measure, President Vladimir Putin has said.
The move comes following a proposal by the country's Foreign Minister, Sergey Lavrov, that Moscow apply the measure reciprocally as the US declared 35 Russian diplomats "persona non grata" on Thursday.
The Kremlin, however, will be led by "the policy pursued by the administration of President[-elect] Donald Trump" which will also define Moscow's next steps to mend fences with Washington, TASS news agency quotes Putin as saying.
The US announced it was expelling the diplomats over Russia's alleged role in cyber attacks with US officials argue were aimed at intefering with the November 08 presidential election.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Lavrov: Moldova could be the next Ukraine
- » The Number of Russian Soldiers Killed and Wounded is approaching 180,000, according to a Norwegian General
- » Russia on Petkov: The Emphasis is Not on the Weapons, but on the Fact that He initiated the Exclusion from SWIFT
- » Medvedev: If a Nuclear Power Loses a War, it can Trigger a Nuclear Conflict
- » Russian Politician demanded the Assassination of the German Foreign Minister
- » The Kremlin declared Victory in Soledar