Moderate Earthquake Rocks Romania's Vrancea
A 5-6 magnitude quake hit Vrancea county in Romania early Wednesday and was felt across Bulgaria, seismologists and media report.
There are no reports of injured people after the quake.
The Euro-Mediterranean Seismological Centre measured its epicenter at a depth of 98 km beneath the surface, 148 km north of the capital Bucharest and 8 km west of Nereju.
The quake hit Vrancea, in an area known for turbulent seismological activity, at 01:20 local time (EET).
It was felt in most neighboring countries, including Bulgaria, Serbia, Moldova and Ukraine, according to Focus News Agency.
News website News.bg quotes its readers as saying they perceived the tremor in much of northeastern Bulgaria - the closest area to Vrancea - but also in the south in Burgas and Stara Zagora and in the capital Sofia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Cold and Cloudy Weather in the Weekend
- » Strong Wind in 14 Regions in Bulgaria – Cold Weather Expected
- » Weather: Rainfall in 18 Regions of Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Old Cars will no longer be allowed in Downtown Sofia
- » Weak Rainfall in the western and eastern regions of Bulgaria
- » Warning for Heavy Rain and Strong Winds in Bulgaria Today