Bulgarian Security Agent Indicted on 2 Counts
A security agent with the State Agency for National Security (DANS) has been arrested over document fraud and promulgation of state secrets, prosecutors say.
The anti-corruption department is now carrying out the investigation, 24 Chasa daily quotes prosecuting officials as saying.
E.I. was the head of a sector with the Counter-Intelligence department of DANS, Bulgaria's domestic security and counter-intelligence agency.
Prosecutors have taken away all documents related to the case from the agency.
They allege that between May 17 and August 03, E.I. misled a Bulgarian national that he will provide assistance to two foreign nationals willing to receive a permanent residence permit for the country.
He allegedly said he had cooperated to schedule an earlier date for Bulgarian citizenship interviews of two other foreign nationals.
E.I. allegedly wrought BGN 36 247 in damage to the nationals in question.
He is also accused of coercing an unidentified person into two Bulgarian identity cards and promulgating a state secret on the use of surveillance and intelligence equipment.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How many Years will the Murderer of the Two Girls receive after the Car Crash in Sofia
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 643 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: The Driver who Killed Two Women and Escaped has been Arrested, He was on Drugs
- » Bulgaria: 45 Montenegrin Football Fans Detained after they Robbed a Gas Station
- » Professor Hristova: The Peak of the Summer Wave of COVID-19 in Bulgaria is expected in August
- » Temperatures are Dropping, Dangerous Weather in half of Bulgaria