Dutch National Detained over Stabbing in Downtown Sofia
A Dutch national has been placed in detention after attempting to murder a women in the center of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, prosecutors say.
The man, referred to as "H. David, 30", allegedly assaulted the victim and stabbed her near the neck, inflicting her deep wounds on two blood vessels and muscles, breaking her nose and causing another wound on the upper lip, according to the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office.
The development took place at 05:35 local time (EET) on December 12, 2016, on Gurko Str, near the Telephone Hall.
"David" is registered as a Bulgarian resident in the city of Veliko Tarnovo in north central Bulgaria.
The prosecuting authority has said it plans on requesting his permanent detention.
His victim's condition is stable after surgery.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski