Unemployment Benefits for Bulgarians Looking for Work Abroad To Be Paid by Bulgaria
According to a proposal of the European Commission, Bulgarians entitled to unemployment benefits will receive these from Bulgaria for 6 months even if they are looking for work abroad.
The announced reform in the coordination of the social systems among the 28 member-states determines who is responsible for the payment of benefits.
If a person loses their job in Bulgaria and goes abroad in order to look for a new one, for the next 6 months, unemployment benefits will be paid by Bulgaria and not by the receiving country.
The amendments to the two regulations are aimed at preventing fraud via duplicate payment of social benefits by the country of origin and the country where people emigrate.
- » Bulgarian Presidency Reports on the Progress Made on Topics Overseen by European Parliament’s Committee on Constitutional Affairs
- » Joint Statement by Commissioners Avramopoulos and King, the Ministers of Interior of the Western Balkans
- » V. Dombrovskis: Low Incomes are not an Obstacle to Bulgaria's Joining the Eurozone's "Waiting Room"
- » Bulgaria Takes Forward the Debate on the Future of the Common Agricultural Policy
- » South Pacific Regional Fisheries Management Organisation: Council Adopts New Rules
- » EU Priorities in the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation: Council Conclusions