France Extends State of Emergency
The lower chamber of the French Parliament voted to extend the state of emergency in France by 7 months – until July 15, 2017, reported BNR.
Increased security measures have been in force since November last year when jihadists killed 130 people in the centre of Paris.
The new Interior Minister Bruno Le Roux underlined that the danger of new terrorist attacks is still “extremely high”, especially given the large-scale events related to the presidential and parliamentary elections next year.
A total of 288 deputies voted “for” the extension of the state of emergency and only 32 voted “against”. A similar result is expected after the vote of the upper chamber – the Senate which is scheduled for Thursday.
- » EU to Hit Google with 4.3 Billion Euro Fine in Android Case
- » EU Law Enforcement and Google Take on Terrorist Propaganda in Latest EUROPOL Referral Action Days
- » Former UK Minister Calls for Second Vote on Brexit to End Stalemate
- » EU's Jean-Claude Juncker Filmed Stumbling at Nato Event (Video)
- » EU Steps up Humanitarian Aid in Somalia with €89.5 Million
- » Eurostat: EU Population up to Nearly 513 million on 1 January 2018
France.. what a pathetic misconception is this country. I finally discovered that I am not the only one that thinks in this way... look at the cartoons