Large-scale Anti-government Protests in Poland
A march under the slogan Stop the Destruction of Poland was organised on the day when people commemorate the 35th anniversary of the introduction of martial law by the communist regime in 1981, reported BNT.
The demonstration is organised by the Committee for the protection of democracy created in reaction to the policy of the governing Law and Justice Party.
The populist formation won the elections last year. After coming to power, it quickly began to influence the judiciary and increased its influence over state media.
Its actions were criticised by the European Union and the USA.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The EC approved Bulgaria to Receive over BGN 32 Billion (EUR 16.4) for 7 years
- » Von der Leyen: Europe should prepare to Stop Gas Supplies from Russia
- » Due to Good Economic Results, the EU will reduce the Recovery Plan for Bulgaria by a Billion EUR
- » Europe is facing a Recession
- » NATO and the EU Fully Support Bulgaria after the Expulsion of 70 Russian Diplomats
- » The Czech EU Presidency: Rethink, Rebuild, Repower