South Korean President Park Impeached by Parliament
Lawmakers in South Korea voted overwhelmingly to impeach President Park Geun-hye, Yonhap News Agency reports.
Park's impeachment was passed by a majority of 234, out of 300 lawmakers.
Through the vote, the President is suspended form office. The Counstitutional Court will have 180 days to review the legitimacy of the motion.
The move comes after weeks of protest against her over her alleged links to a corruption scandal.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU is Close to an Agreement on the Regulation of ChatGPT and Other AI-Based Systems
- » Day 652 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Republicans in US Senate Blocked Billions in Aid to Kyiv
- » Brazil Sends Troops to Border with Venezuela
- » EU and China Seek Common Ground Amid Differences, Eye Global Stability
- » EU Directive: Bulgaria Embraces Universal USB-C Chargers for Devices
- » Gaza War: Hell in Khan Younis