Reformist Bloc Effort to Form Bulgarian Govt Prompts Mixed Reaction
The nationalist Patriotic Front (PF) coalition has pledged to back a cabinet with the mandate of the Reformist Bloc (RB), the junior partner in the outgoing Bulgarian government.
The RB is due to be handed out a mandate next Monday. If it fails to form a new government and returns the mandate to the President, the county will have an interim cabinet, sliding toward early elections.
After a meeting between the RB and PF's leaderships, the latter coalition has said it would back such a cabinet in the name of "political stability".
The PF backed the outgoing administration of Prime Minister in resignation Boyko Borisov, but did not have any ministers in it.
The two alliances, however, will not be enough to form a new government and are likely to face opposition from Borisov's GERB party.
Desislava Atanasova, a GERB MP, has made it clear, quoted by Mediapool, that her party plans to keep its earlier promise and not take part in any kind of government that will be created with the mandate of another party.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend