Bulgaria's Bokova Enters Politico's List of People 'Shaking the World'
UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova has been included in the Politico28 list of European people "shaking the world."
Topped by London Mayor Sadiq Khan, it includes at total of 28 people, one from each member state.
Bokova, currently into her second term at the helm of the UN cultural body, is called "the crusading preservationist".
"Defenders of the world's most significant cultural landmarks breathed a sign of relief when the United Nations declined to appoint her its first female secretary-general. That meant Irina Bokova, the Bulgarian head of the UN's cultural and educational body, UNESCO, would remain in her job and keep fighting to bring to justice the perpetrators of looting, desecration and destruction of cultural landmarks," her profile prepared by Politico28 reads.
Last year, Bulgarian MEP Eva Paunova made it into the prestigious ranking.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria