First Sofia Metro Line Running Again after Monday Failure
The technical breakdown that brought the Red Line of Sofia Metro to a standstill on Monday evening has been dealt with, local officials say.
The failure between the stations of Sofia University and Vasil Levski National Stadium stopped trains from operating between Serdica and Mladost 1, the stretch connecting the center of Bulgaria's capital to the neighborhood of Mladost.
Repair teams found a broken rail along the track and it took more time than initially scheduled to fix it, Sofia Municipality says.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Timing Matters: 10-Hour Eating Window Enhances Mood and Hunger, Study Finds
- » Alarming Reality: 17% of Bulgarian Babies and Young Children Live in Poverty
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mild and Windy Saturday, Rain Approaching Sunday
- » This Month is Sofia's 50th Book Fair: A Literary Milestone
- » Sexual Transmission Dominates New HIV Cases in Bulgaria
- » Sofia University Secures Top Spot in Bulgarian Higher Education Rankings