Harmanli Riots: Scabies Found among Some Migrants
A sixth of migrants examined in the center of Harmanli, southern Bulgaria, have got scabies, authorities say.
As many as 81 are infected, out of 500 who went through examinations, news website Dnevnik.bg quotes medical officials in the region of Haskovo (where Harmanli lies) and the Bulgarian News Agency as saying.
There are seventeen other cases of skin diseases, while two others have lice. Cases of chicken pox, bronchitis and others have also been detected. Some of the migrants have been hospitalized, children included.
Riots broke out last week after more than 3000 migrants were locked up in the center following rumours among locals that some of them may have skin diseases.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Prosecution Office Requested More Info from US on Sanctioned Bulgarian Nationals under Magnitsky Act
- » Bulgaria’s Sofia Tech Park to Boast Most Powerful Computer
- » Bulgaria Requests from US Additional Info on Persons Sanctioned under Magnitski Act
- » Passenger Vehicle Sales See Sharp Uptick in Bulgaria
- » EU Health Commissioner Comes to Sofia to Discuss Pandemic Issues, Vaccination
- » Bulgaria: President Radev Briefs EU, US Ambassadors on Caretaker Government Priorities