Bulgaria’s Govt Approves EUR 600 M for Belene
The government has approved EUR 601,617,133 from the budget surplus to be allocated as state assistance to the National Electric Company (NEK).
The funds must be used by the state venture to pay Russian Atomstroyexport for the equipment ordered for the Belene NPP.
Bulgaria was sentenced via international arbitration to pay the money, while Parliament adopted a law permitting the allocation of the assistance back in September.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria undertook the commitment to the Russian side to pay the principal by December 15 in exchange for which it will be remitted EUR 23 M in interest.
The assistance is lent by the Energy Ministry and NEK has undertaken the obligation to pay it back within 7 years.
The assistance is being allocated after receiving an opinion of the European Commission, reported the government press centre.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » TPP ContourGlobal Maritsa 3 produced over 12% of the Electricity in Bulgaria in 2022
- » Bulgaria allowed the Export to Ukraine of Petroleum Products obtained from Russian Crude Oil
- » Bulgargaz offers a Gas Price of BGN 124.35/MWh for February
- » The Construction of the Bulgarian Route of the Gas Connection with Serbia has Started
- » Construction of the Bulgaria-Serbia Gas Connection will begin on February 1
- » Bulgaria: Gas is Expected to be nearly 30% Cheaper in February, Heating and Electricity will Not Increase in price