Bulgaria's President To Hand First Probe Mandate on Friday
President Rossen Plevneliev will hand the first probe mandate for the forming of a government to the largest parliamentary group – GERB. The procedure for handing mandates will start on Friday.
This became clear after the meeting of the Consultative Council for National Security which was convened by Plevneliev.
Participants in the meeting discussed ways how to overcome the crisis after the resignation of the cabinet of Boyko Borisov.
The outgoing PM stated again that GERB will not assume the responsibility for forming a government within the framework of the current Parliament. According to Borisov, at the meeting of the Council today, other political formations expressed readiness to do so.
“I will not be Prime Minister. I can be Prime Minister only when this is done via a GERB mandate and when GERB has won the elections. It is only then that I have the self-confidence, the confidence and the political responsibility to bear the entire responsibility,” added Borisov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How Pension Payments Will Change for 150,000 Bulgarians
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warmer Spell, Sunny in Most Regions
- » Director General of Bulgarian Red Cross to Chair Coordination Council in Charge of Vaccination
- » Bulgaria Adopted National Pandemic Preparedness Plan
- » Bulgarian Lawmakers Discuss President’s Veto on VAT Act
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Day Temperatures Fall to -11°C in Sofia