Aghan Man Blamed for Bulgarian Flag Desecration to Stay in Custody
A Bulgarian court has decided to keep in detention the Afghan national who allegedly set fire to a national flag at a migrant reception center.
According to the Specialized Criminal Court of Bulgaria, there was evidence that Bahir Yaranual, a migrant accused of throwing the flag into a fire during riots in the Harmanli center earlier this week, was indeed responsible for the act, Focus News Agency reports.
The evidence collected is described as convincing enough despite the short time available to gather it between Friday and the court session on Sunday.
Yaranual was indicted on Friday. He denies any involvement and argues he tried to protect the flag and took it off the pole to preserve it during this week's riots, but someone else took it from his hands.
He could face imprisonment if found guilty.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 20 People Arrested Near Sofia for Migrant Trafficking
- » The Netherlands’s Largest Drug Lab Was Busted
- » 15-Year Old Girl Detained for Phone Fraud in Bulgaria
- » 17kg of Heroin Found in a Bulgarian Citizen's Car
- » Bulgaria: Two Women from Berkovtsa in Court for Arranging the Marraige of Under-Aged Teens
- » Bulgarian Citizen Was Detained for Migrant Smuggling in Slovenia