EU Promises Ukraine Visa-Free Regime
The European Union has promised Ukraine a visa-free regime by December and a ratification of the Agreement for association and free-trade.
At the summit in Brussels, President Poroshenko assured that he is continuing the reforms for combating corruption and guaranteed the secure transit of Russian gas through Ukrainian territory to Europe.
“This is the first summit where no additional requests were made to Ukraine because we have fulfilled all our commitments,” stated Poroshenko and added:
“Now, we insist that our European partners fulfill theirs.”
Poroshenko reminded that, 3 years ago, the main demand of the Euromaidan in Kiev was the signing of the Association Agreement with the EU. It, however, did not enter into force due to the referendum in Holland which prevented the government from legalising the treaty.
- » Bulgaria is Launching a Two-year Rehabilitation Program for Wounded Ukrainian Fighters
- » Anti-Kremlin Journalist back from the Dead as Ukraine Admits set-up
- » Kiev: Three Ukrainian Soldiers Killed in Clashes with pro-Russian Rebels
- » Ukraine Crisis Needs 20,000-Strong U.N. Force
- » Ukraine: Without Help from the IMF we will go Bankrupt
- » Lavrov: Ukraine is Trying to Provoke a Collision in the Donbass
This highly unpopular EU government that made enormous strategics mistakes and ruined the union with some countries leaving and other ready to leave the union continues to make offers and take decisions that are not coordinated with the national states.