Disturbances in Bulgaria's Harmanli Refugee Camp Under Control
The disturbances in the migrant camp in Harmanli came under control on Thursday night after the detention of 300 of its inhabitants.
As early as next month, tens of Afghanis from the refugee camp will be extradited, promised outgoing PM Boyko Borisov. He went personally to the placement centre where riots started on Thursday because of the quarantine imposed.
“We will try to extradite five people immediately because of national security. The others who disturbed the peace will be among the first to be extradited but, until then, they will be placed in closed-type camps. A plane for Afghanistan has already been arranged and it will fly in December,” added Borisov.
No police violence occurred on Thursday evening, stated Borisov. Out of 250 police officers who partook in the operation, 24 were injured by stones thrown at them by the migrants.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend