VMRO To Commemorate 97th Anniversary of Signing of Treaty of Neuilles
On Thursday evening, members and sympathisers of VMRO will commemorate with a protest march in Veliko Tarnovo the 97th anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Neuilles.
Under the treaty, Bulgaria lost 11,000 sq km of its territory and was sentenced to pay over 2 billion golden francs in reparations, or 22% of its national wealth.
At the same time Bulgaria had to admit over 120,000 refugees fleeing from the lost territories.
Torches will be lit in the centre of Veliko Tarnovo in memory of the soldiers who died in the wars for national unification.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Irregular Migration Pressure on Bulgarian Borders Mounting – Interior Ministry
- » Bulgaria: Caretaker Finance Minister Reveals Rationale behind Personnel Reshuffle in Revenue Agencies
- » Bulgaria’s Ultra-Nationalist Parties Mull Running for July General Election Together
- » Bulgarian Customs Agency Has New Executive Director
- » Bulgaria: Caretaker Government Appoints New CEO of National Revenue Agency
- » Supreme Judicial Council Adopts Declaration against Closure of Specialized Courts