Denmark Suspends Programme To Receive 500 Refugees Every Year
Denmark has stopped admitting the nearly five hundred refugees received via the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) every year, reported AFP.
"It will give local authorities breathing space in order to take better care of those who have already come here," said Integration Minister Inger Støjberg at a meeting of the parliamentary commission on immigration in the Danish parliament.
Støjberg , an immigration hardliner, said in August that the admission of 491 refugees through the programme this year has been postponed.
''Denmark has a responsibility to help people who want asylum. But, besides that, we have the responsibility to maintain the economic, social and cultural cohesion of Denmark," added the minister.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission: 70% of EU Citizens Vaccinated
- » France Introduces New Measures: Covid Passport to enter Cinemas, Museums, Matches
- » EC Annual Report on Bulgaria: Unlimited Powers of Prosecutor General Is still Issue
- » Europe Remains Suspicious about Electronic Cigarettes
- » EU Reveales Target for Green Deal by 2030
- » Thousands of Anti-Vaccine Demonstrators Protested in Greece