Law Suit Against Fethullah Gulen Starts in Turkey
The legal suit against Islamic cleric Fethullah Gulen and 72 of his supporters, accused of the coup attempt on July 15, has started in Ankara, reported BGNES.
The Prosecutor’s Office has demanded a life sentence for Gulen and the nucleus which organised and carried out the coup.
The prosecutor’s indictment points out that they have violated the constitution, tried to bring down the government, created and ran an armed terrorist organisation.
Gulen and his supporters are also accused of political and military espionage, the laundering of illegally acquired funds, serious fraud and embezzlement, the forging of documents and acquiring personal data in violation of the law.
Besides, the prosecution has proven their intentions to take over state institutions and, via undermining the constitutional order, establish an authoritarian, totalitarian, clan-oligarchic government of society and that the organisation FETO has been created with the explicit aim of bringing down the government of the country.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19: Serbia Closes Shops, Bars and Restaurants After Sharp Increase of Cases
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands