Economic Downturn Expected in Bulgaria in 2017
Political instability in Bulgaria is likely to mar optimistic forecasts for economic growth next year, said economists from the Institute for Market Economics.
According to the latest expectations of the European Commission and the International Monetary Fund, the growth of Bulgaria’s economy will be around 2.5% - 3% in 2017.
However, the statements were made before the resignation of the government ensuing in political instability.
''The latest events in Bulgaria will have a negative impact on GDP growth and it will probably be around 2%'', said Desislava Nikolova, chief economist at the Institute for Market Economics, quoted by BTA.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » According to Deputy PM, it is Still Realistic for Bulgaria to Adopt the Euro in 2024
- » Facts about Crude Oil that Every Trader Should Know
- » Half a Century Later: Bulgaria Leaves Two Soviet Banks
- » Bulgarian Economist: January 1, 2024 is a Possible Date for Joining the Eurozone
- » Bitcoin Usage in the Hospitality Sector
- » Bulgaria: Bank Accounts will Automatically be converted from BGN to EUR on the Day of Introducing the Euro