Funding for Rozhen Observatory Not Included in Budget 2017
Scientists from the National Observatory in Rozhen, who have had problems with funding their work for years, are hoping to get BGN 550,000 in the beginning of 2017, according to Dnevnik.bg
Although these funds have been promised, they are not included in the draft budget for 2017, approved at first reading last week.
Тhe Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Education and Science denied the information that there are negotiations on such funding.
Over the years, the observatory has operated thanks to different donations or projects. The budget is determined by the General Assembly of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. The good news is that, this year, there has been significant increase in interest and a lot of tourists want to see the Observatory in Rozhen. This means more revenue from tickets.
On the other hand, the warmer 2015/2016 winter was the reason that the Observatory saved around BGN 15,000 from lower electricity bills, allowing them to maintain some financial stability.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend