Turkey's Erdogan: Gulen Financed Hillary Clinton's Campaign
The organisation of the opposition Islamic cleric Fethullah Gulen, whom Ankara holds responsible for the coup attempt in July, has participated in the financing of the election campaign of Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton, stated Turkish President Recep Erdogan in an interview on Israeli TV.
“Donald Trump carried out his campaign at his own expense, he has not been involved in politics before. But his opponent was an experienced politician, confident of her victory. What were the financial sources for her campaign? FETO, which we are fighting in Turkey, was one of the structures that gave her strong support,” pointed out Erdogan.
The Turkish leader reckons that Trump’s victory is the beginning of a new period in US life.
“I view the statements against Trump in European countries and certain American states as being disrespectful to democracy.”
Erdogan specified that he does not believe Trump will have an aggressive policy towards Muslims, in spite of his anti-Muslim statements during the campaign.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Croatian President: We stole Kosovo from Serbia, Crimea will never be Ukraine
- » Serbia: 43% of Citizens Support Joining the EU
- » Vucic: Serbia has received an Ultimatum from the West to Normalize Relations with Kosovo
- » North Macedonia’s President: Ban One MEP and Several other Bulgarians from Entering the Country
- » Vucic: I haven't Spoken to Putin for months, Wagner has to Stop recruiting Fighters in Serbia
- » Tension in Kosovo after an Albanian Shot two Serbian Boys