Layoffs After Coup Attempt in Turkey Reach 110,000
Turkish authorities have fired another 15,000 state employees, including military personnel, and shut down over 500 institutions due to suspected links to the unsuccessful coup attempt in July, reported Reuters.
In a decree, announced today, the authorities inform that 2,000 people have been fired from the armed forces, as well as 7,500 police officers and over 5,000 employees of state institutions. Charity organisations and 9 media have also been shut down.
Thus, the number of people fired after the coup attempt reached 110,000.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Serbia: 43% of Citizens Support Joining the EU
- » Vucic: Serbia has received an Ultimatum from the West to Normalize Relations with Kosovo
- » North Macedonia’s President: Ban One MEP and Several other Bulgarians from Entering the Country
- » Vucic: I haven't Spoken to Putin for months, Wagner has to Stop recruiting Fighters in Serbia
- » Tension in Kosovo after an Albanian Shot two Serbian Boys
- » Vucic announced that He is in his Last Term as President of Serbia