Bulgaria’s Ombudsman To Submit Draft Bill on Electoral Code Amendments
Ombudsman Maya Manolova and representatives of the initiative committee for the carrying out of a National referendum 2016 will submit to Parliament a draft bill on amendments to the Electoral Code.
The draft bill envisages the introduction of a majoritarian electoral system with absolute majority in two rounds of elections via the creation of 231 equal, one-mandate electoral regions in the country and 9 regions abroad.
At the referendum, held on November 6, nearly 3 and half million voters supported the introduction of a majoritarian system.
The motives announced on Sunday by the press centre of the Ombudsman specify that this result shows indisputably what the will of the Bulgarian people is, despite the fact that 12,000 votes were insufficient for the referendum to be compulsory.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend