Turkish Officers Seek Asylum in Germany
Four months after the coup attempt in Turkey, several Turkish soldiers have requested political asylum in Germany.
These are Turkish officers at NATO’s military base in Ramstein.
A total of 500 soldiers, 50 of whom are Turkish, are deployed at the headquarters of NATO’s Allied Air Command. It is not clear yet how many have sought asylum. Members of their families have requested asylum as well.
The applications were filed at the beginning of November.
Two weeks ago, the German Foreign Ministry announced that it will admit all Turks who leave their country for political reasons.
After the unsuccessful coup attempt in Turkey, Ankara arrested thousands of Turkish military.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » American Combat Drones are being deployed in Greece
- » Borrell: There is an Agreement between Kosovo and Serbia
- » Kosovo postponed fines for "Serbian" License Plates at the Request of the US
- » NATO has urged Serbia and Kosovo not to escalate Tensions
- » Leader of VMRO-DPMNE demanded that Bulgaria recognize a "Macedonian Minority"
- » North Macedonia accepted the Amendments against Bulgarian Cultural Clubs