Belene Debt Must Be Paid by December 15 for Interest To Be Waived
The money for the Belene Nuclear Power Plant, which Bulgaria owes to Russia, must be secured in spite of the resignation of the government.
This expenditure has been approved by a decision of Parliament and has legal force, warned the Deputy Chairman of the Energy Commission Valentin Nikolov.
The Arbitration Court in Geneva ruled that Bulgaria must pay Russia over BGN 1 B for the equipment ordered for the Belene NPP. In order for the interest on the debt to be waived, the payment has to be made by December 15.
“If the new government comes to power and decides not to fulfill this commitment, then this amount will have to be added to the sum and it will increase together with the interest which is accrued daily,” explained Nikolov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Minister: Gas Stations are Using the Moment to Make more Profit
- » Italy and Germany have allowed use of Accounts in Rubles for Russian Gas
- » Russia Cuts Off Finland's Gas on Saturday
- » At least 80%: The EU Obliges its Members to Stock up on Gas
- » Ambassador of Azerbaijan: We are Committed to Bulgaria's Energy Security
- » PM on Natural Gas: Bulgaria's Firm Step has Helped the Entire EU