Bulgaria Govt Dismisses Reports of Budget Withdrawal
Bulgaria's Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov has dismissed claims of Parliament's budgetary committee head that the government intends on withdrawing the draft budget for next year.
In a statement, Goranov declares that the budget already filed with Parliament will not "fall hostage to the unprincipled political confrontation... [and] populism."
Earlier, Menda Stoyanova, a lawmaker with ruling GERB party who also chairs the budgetary committee, argued the "politically correct step" amidst the current turmoil.
The GERB-led government submitted its resignation to Parliament on Monday morning, with Prime Minister Boyko Borisov having cited a heavy defeat in the presidential election.
But Borisov also indicated on Sunday evening differences had emerged over the budget between his GERB party and the Patriotic Front coalition, on whose support the minority government had hinged for its two years in office.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend