Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds
The weather will be stable in only three of Bulgaria's 28 regions on Sunday, authorities say.
A Code Orange warning has been declared over strong winds that are expected in Nothern Bulgaria. These include Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Razgrad and Silistra. Gusts of wind of up to 30 m/s are expected during the day, according to the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology (NIMH).
A Code Yellow alert is in force for 18 regions, namely Vidin, Sofia-city, Sofia-region, Pernik, Pazardzhik, Plovdiv, Kardzhali, Haskovo, Yambol, Burgas, Varna, Dobrich, Shumen, Targovishte, Sliven, Stara Zagora, Gabrovo and Lovech, with gusts of up to 25 m/s.
The weather will only be calm in Kyustendil, Blagoevgrad and Smolyan.
In the country's east and in mountainous regions, cloudy and rainy weather is also expected.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Dangerously Windy today as well
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Even Windier Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Strong Winds in Three Regions
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot on the First Day of Autumn
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Morning Fog and Afternoon Rain Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Rain only in the Mountains