Bulgaria's IntMin: Govt Should Resign if Radev Wins Presidential Election
There will be no ground for the government to backtrack on plans to step down if Tsetska Tsacheva loses the election, Bulgarian Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova has said.
Bachvarova has told NOVA TV that Tsacheva, backed by the main ruling GERB party and coalition partner Reformist Bloc, has a good chance to become the next President after the runoff vote.
The decision to tie the cabinet's resignation to her success was no mistake, but rather an act of taking on responsibility, the minister has argued.
Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has already vowed to quit if socialist-backed candidate Rumen Radev wins the runoff as he did in the first round.
Official results show Radev won with 25.44%, with Tsacheva trailing behind at 21.96%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » GERB Party will not Support a Cabinet Proposed by There is such a people party
- » Caretaker Financial Minister Vassilev: We Continue Our Work
- » Bulgaria: Plamen Nikolov is the Candidate for Prime Minister of ITN
- » Bulgarian President Rumen Radev Hands Over the Mandate to ITN at 5 PM Today
- » There Is Such a People Levelled Serious Accusations against Caretaker Finance Minister Assen Vassilev
- » No Vacation for Bulgarian Parliament