Roman Bath Walls Uncovered in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
The massive walls of a Roman bath with impressive architecture were uncovered surprisingly during a clearing of a private property at the very centre of Plovdiv.
According to local archaeologists this is “the top find of the year and an extremely beautiful site.”
It comes as confirmation of their thesis that there are several undiscovered invaluable historical monuments from various ages in the region.
A team of archaeologists from the Regional Archaeological Museum will work on the spot for at least a few days until the Ministry of Culture sends a special commission to describe and evaluate the discovery, and give recommendations to the owners of the property on its preservation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Oldest Homo Sapiens In Europe Found in a Bulgarian Cave
- » Scientists Have Discovered a New Kind of Dinosaur
- » Scientists Found Fossils of Flying Dinosaurs
- » Archeologists Discovered Three 3500-Year-Old Wooden Colourful Coffins in Egypt
- » Scientists Have Discovered Prehistoric Mammoth Traps in Mexico (PHOTO)
- » 20 Ancient Coffins Found in Egypt