EU Extremely Concerned About Arrests of Turkish Opposition MPs
The European Union is extremely concerned about the of Turkish deputies from the pro-Kurdish opposition party and has called a meeting of the ambassadors of member-states in Ankara, announced Federica Mogherini High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy.
“The arrest of 12 deputies from the Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP), including its leaders, marks the end of democracy in Turkey,” read a party statement, cited by AFP.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Prepares Second Lawsuit against AstraZeneca over Covid-19 Vaccine Delays
- » Today May 9 Europe Celebrate Europa Day
- » EU Declares Plan to Cut Dependency on China
- » British Ships Will Patrol Sea Around Jersey after Post-Brexit Tensions Between UK and France
- » EU Preparing ‘rapid’ Assistance to COVID-struggling India
- » EU Is About to Sign Record Deal with Pfizer for Vaccines