Gallup: Bulgaria's Presidential Candidates Mareshki, Oresharski Gain Momentum
The candidates for President Veselin Mareshki and Plamen Oresharski have gained momentum and now rank immediately after the three favourites for president, showed a nationally representative survey of Gallup International Balkan for the period October 24-31.
At the first round of elections, GERB’s candidate Tsetska Tsacheva will be supported by 27.2%, compared to 23.1% for the candidate supported by BSP – Rumen Radev.
Krasimir Karakachanov (VMRO, NFSB and Ataka) will get the votes of 11.5%, Veselin Mareshki, who was nominated by an initiative committee, will be supported by 7.6%. Plamen Oresharski, supported by DPS, will get 7.3% of the votes.
Voting activity is forecast at 55%.
“This could change, however, given the perception that voting is compulsory,” announced Gallup.
- » Protest in Bulgaria: PM Borissov Demands Finance, Economy and Interior Ministers to Resign
- » Bulgarian PM to Protesters: I Hear You But Next Months Will Be Extremely Difficult to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Finance Minister Goranov: The Government Is Not Considering Resigning
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Fifth Day in a Row Bulgarians Demand on the Government and Prosecutor's Resignation
- » Democratic Bulgaria, Hristo Ivanov: There Must Be Early Elections, People Are Ready For Them
- » Forth Day in a Row: Protests in Sofia, Varna, Plovdiv, Burgas; A Girl Climbed the Former Party House in Sofia