Germany Not Mulling Sanctions Against Turkey Over Freedom of Press Concerns
Germany is not considering the possibility of imposing sanctions against Turkey because of the harsh measures adopted after the failed coup attempt in the summer and the detention of employees of an opposition newspaper in October, announced German Chancellor Angela Merkel, reported Reuters.
“We had serious doubts whether the actions against the Editor-in-Chief of Cumhuriyet Murat Sabuncu were in accordance with the rule of law,” stated German government spokesperson Stephen Zeibert.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The President of Austria regrets that his country blocked Bulgaria and Romania for Schengen
- » Romania's Mass Boycott against Austria after the Schengen Decision
- » Romanian Diplomat: Austria is playing a Double Game between the EU and Russia, these are Anti-European semi-Mafia Actions
- » The Dutch Government will officially Apologize for Slavery
- » Netherlands: Bulgaria has a problem with Human Rights and the Fight against Corruption
- » Officially: Bulgaria and Romania out of Schengen, Croatia is in