Bulgaria's Ludogorets Loses Tense Game against Basel in Sofia
The team of Ludogorets Razgrad suffered a dramatic defeat from Arsenal, after leading it the beginning of the game at Vasil Levski National Stadium in Sofia.
Ludogorets had a clear lead 2:0 in the first twenty minutes, with Jonathan Cafu and Ke?er? scoring in the 12th and 15th minute, respectively.
However, Basel managed to catch up three minutes out of halftime with two goals from Xhaka (20') and Giroud (42').
?zil ended uncertainty for Arsenal with the third goal in the 88th minute.
Ludogorets' had sought to turn the tables after its 0:6 loss to Arsenal in October, hoping to secure additional points within the Champions League tournament.
Results so far suggest Arsenal and PSG top their group with 10 points each, Ludogorets and Basel trailing far behind with 1 point.
The two teams at the bottom of the group will be vying to secure the third spot, which will give the winner a chance to compete in Europa League in the spring.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Best Football Matches to Watch This Year
- » Football: Beroe - Favorite of Bookmakers in the Derby with Slavia
- » Bulgaria: Two CSKA Football Players Test Positive for COVID-19
- » Bulgarian Tennis Player Pironkova is Making History on US Open
- » US Open: Bulgarian Tennis Star Tsveti Pironkova Beats Vekic
- » US Open: Bulgarian Tsveti Pironkova Outplays Muguruza, Grigor Dimitrov Loses in a 5-Hour Match