US Ambassador to Bulgaria Condemns Attack on Bulgarian Helsinki Committee Chair
US Ambassador Eric Seth Rubin has issued a statement condemning the attack on Krasimir Kanev, the head of the Bulgarian Helsinki Committee who on Thursday was subjected to an attack in downtown Sofia.
The statement, sent to Novinite, reads as follows:
"We were saddened and shocked to learn of yesterday’s attack by two men on Bulgarian Helsinki Committee Chair Krassimir Kanev. The Bulgarian Helsinki Committee is the largest organization for the protection of human rights in Bulgaria. It is one of the most important voices standing up for the rights of all Bulgarians, and in support of European and universal values. The attack on Mr Kanev is an attack on all who believe in a positive, inclusive society that is open to all voices and is free of discrimination and intolerance.
We condemn this attack, call for a thorough and timely investigation of the assault on Mr Kanev, and encourage all Bulgarians to join us in condemning all forms of intolerance and violence."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sacred Language of My Predecessors: An Exhibition on Croatian-Bulgarian Parallels
- » Ilham Ahmed: Sudan Wants to Revive Ties with Bulgaria at All Levels
- » Iraq's Embassy Hosts Photo Exhibition in Support of Mosul Offensive
- » Rajesh Kumar Sachdeva: Bulgaria Emerging as Destination for Indian Film Industry
- » Bulgaria, Sudan Mark 60 Years of Diplomatic Relations
- » Irit Lillian: History Should Not Be Most Important Element in Israel-Bulgara Relations