Bulgaria's Elections To Cost BGN 250,000 More Due To Electoral Code Amendment
The upcoming presidential elections will cost nearly BGN 250,000 more due to one of the amendments to the Electoral Code, announced the Chairwoman of the Central Election Commission (CEC) Alexieva.
The reason is that MPs decided that the vote in the square “I do not support anyone” will be counted as a valid vote in the elections.
“The amendment is reflected in the programming product – the computer processing of the results by Sectional Election Commissions and Regional Election Commissions and, thereafter, by CEC,” added Alexieva.
The company which is implementing the order has confirmed in writing that it will manage on time and the alteration to the programme which calculates the election results will function correctly.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Finance Ministry Ready with Budget Update
- » Bulgaria’s Nationalist VMRO Leader Accused of Discrimination against Roma
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Interior Minister Confirmed Wiretapping
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Prime Minister: CEO of Registry Agency Will Be Replaced
- » Bulgarian Finance Ministry Publishes Extensive List of US Sanctions’ Possible Targets
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Cabinet: We Impose New Style in Governance