No Reports of Injured Bulgarians in Italy Quakes - Ambassador
There has been no information about Bulgarians injured in the series of tremors that hit Central Italy on Wednesday evening, Bulgaria's Ambassador to Rome has said.
"We have no data about stranded Bulgarians, regardless of the fact that we have information about Bulgarians living in the [affected] region," Ambassador Marin Raykov has told the Bulgarian National Television.
Raykov has added that roads into the area are closed as of the moment and some of the locals, Bulgarians included, cannot be reached.
"However, we have had no calls" from Bulgarians affected by the earthquake, he has said.
Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry has also made a statement saying there are no Bulgarians among the people injured in the quake.
However, severe weather conditions prevent emergency teams from reaching some of the areas affected as assessing the damage.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Travel Chaos in UK as Europeans Suspend Flights
- » Boris Johnson in Brussels Tomorrow for Brexit Talks
- » COVID-19 Death Toll in France Crosses 55,000 Mark
- » Latvia Extends Emergency Situation Until January 11
- » COVID-19 Cases in Germany Surpasses 1 Million
- » Germany Prolongs Coronavirus Restrictions until December 20