Over 60 Cases of Pedophiles Online Uncovered So Far in 2016 in Bulgaria
Over 60 cases of pedophiles on the Internet have been uncovered by units of the General Directorate for Combating Organised Crime (GDBOP) since the beginning of 2016, stated the chief of the Transborder Organised Crime department, Yavor Kolev, cited by BNR.
Kolev warned that the age of children who become victims of harassment on the Internet is constantly decreasing and gave as an example the case of a man detained on charges of pedophilia in Kyustendil.
The man got in touch with several children at the age of between 12 and 14 by pretending to be a girl their age, After GDBOP’s operation, he was arrested on Friday.
Earlier, Kolev and Sofia Mayor Fandakova presented the results of a survey on the extent of knowledge children at the age of between 10 and 13 have of the Internet. The survey was carried out among 266 pupils from two schools in the capital.
According to the survey, 259 pupils had a personal electronic device and nearly half of them spent 1-2 hours on the Internet every day.
A total of 64 pupils said they accept friendship requests in social media without any reservations and doubts.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Due to Celebrations on May 24: Traffic Restrictions will be Introduced in the Center of Sofia
- » Bulgarian PM attended a Pilgrimage to the Relics of St. Cyril in Rome
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 96 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The flow of Money from Emigrants to Bulgaria has been Decreasing
- » WHO has data on 92 Cases of Monkeypox from 12 Non-Endemic Countries
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 92 New Cases in the Last 24 hours