"I Do Not Support Anyone" Votes To Be Valid in Presidential Elections Outcome
The “I do not support anyone” votes will be counted when determining the outcome of the presidential elections. Deputies in the legal commission took this decision without any debates with 10 votes “for” and 6 abstentions.
It is expected that amendments to the Electoral Code will be approved in Parliament at second reading on Wednesday.
The emergency amendment of the Electoral Code days before the elections was made necessary by the method of determining the outcome of the presidential vote.
The reason was that, until now, the votes “I do not support anyone” were considered valid only in terms of electoral activity and not when determining the final outcome.
According to constitutional experts, this method contradicts the constitution, which requires that all valid votes be counted, and may lead to disputes with respect to the outcome of the elections.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend