Bulgaria's Prosecutor General Demands Withdrawal of Immunity of Gerb Deputy Delyan Dobrev
The Prosecutor General has submitted to Parliament a request for the withdrawal of the immunity of GERB deputy Delyan Dobrev, reported the press centre of the Prosecutor’s Office.
The request is based on evidence collected by the Sofia’s Prosecutor’s Office regarding the crime of premeditated abeyance in Delyan Dobrev’s capacity as Minister of Economy, Energy and Tourism.
According to the investigation, the crime has resulted in damages to the National Electric Company (NEK) to the amount of EUR 4,561,697.27.
The Prosecutor’s Office also claims that the crime was premeditated, resulting in significant damages and the case is especially severe.
Delyan Dobrev has announced that he will submit a declaration in Parliament at 16:00 hrs on Monday to the effect that he is giving up his immunity voluntarily.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend