Bulgaria's Prosecutor General Demands Withdrawal of Immunity of Gerb Deputy Delyan Dobrev
The Prosecutor General has submitted to Parliament a request for the withdrawal of the immunity of GERB deputy Delyan Dobrev, reported the press centre of the Prosecutor’s Office.
The request is based on evidence collected by the Sofia’s Prosecutor’s Office regarding the crime of premeditated abeyance in Delyan Dobrev’s capacity as Minister of Economy, Energy and Tourism.
According to the investigation, the crime has resulted in damages to the National Electric Company (NEK) to the amount of EUR 4,561,697.27.
The Prosecutor’s Office also claims that the crime was premeditated, resulting in significant damages and the case is especially severe.
Delyan Dobrev has announced that he will submit a declaration in Parliament at 16:00 hrs on Monday to the effect that he is giving up his immunity voluntarily.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM: The Guards of Dogan and Peevski Must be Removed
- » Bulgaria: Tension in Rosenets Park, Protesters Are Not Allowed to Enter the Beach
- » Bulgaria Returns Some Measures Against COVID-19, No Indoor Entertainments
- » Bulgaria: Еnvironmental Protests Against Amendments to Biological Diversity Act
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Keep Over 300,000 Jobs Until September 30 with the Measure 60/40
- » Ministry of Labor and Social Policy: BGN 1 Million for Computers to Socially Disadvantaged Children in Bulgaria