Romania Arrests 7 Murfatlar Shareholders, Managers for Tax Evasion
The Romanian Prosecutor’s Office has arrested seven shareholders and managers in Murfatlar, one of the biggest companies for wine production in the country, together with three high-ranking bureaucrats on suspicions of tax evasion to the amount of USD 147 M, reported AP.
A court in Bucharest ruled on a one-month detention period for the 7 wine producers while the investigation lasts.
The other three detainees – directors in the customs office, the Romanian Finance Ministry and the tax office – have been placed under house arrest.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ex-Finance Minister: If Bulgaria enters the Eurozone Tomorrow, People's Assets will Increase by 30%
- » Moody's confirmed the Credit Rating of Bulgaria and Predicts Postponement of the Euro
- » TPP ContourGlobal Maritsa 3 produced over 12% of the Electricity in Bulgaria in 2022
- » Bulgarian Financier: Adoption of the Euro will Not Raise Prices
- » Bulgaria allowed the Export to Ukraine of Petroleum Products obtained from Russian Crude Oil
- » Bulgargaz offers a Gas Price of BGN 124.35/MWh for February