UNESCO Adopts Resolution on Palestinian Cultural Heritage
UNESCO has officially adopted the resolution on the preservation of Palestinian cultural heritage in East Jerusalem which caused angry protests on the part of Israel, reported BNR.
The project on the resolution approved last week caused a harsh reaction on the part of Israel which stated that it is freezing its cooperation with the cultural organisation.
Israeli anger was incited by the texts concerning the Temple Mount in East Jerusalem which is designated by its Arab name only – the complex around the Al-Aqsa Mosque.
The Temple Mount is the third holiest site for Muslims and the holiest place for Jews. It is administered by Jordan but Israel controls all access routes to the Temple Mount.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia has Expelled another Bulgarian Diplomat
- » Russian Ambassador in Bulgaria: Neo-Nazism is Rising in a Number of European Countries
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister sees a Last Chance to Save Relations with Bulgaria
- » MFA: The Bulgarian Honorary Consul has not been Abducted in Melitopol, Ukraine
- » Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria: Arms Supplies to Ukraine will complicate the Dialogue between our Countries
- » Russia Expelled more Bulgarian Diplomats